Our Fitness Instructor certificate course equips you with the skills and confidence to plan and deliver effective exercise sessions for gym members. Graduates of this course have the talent, skills and expertise to plan, demonstrate and coach gym members on effective programmes, giving on the job advice and support along the way. Our fitness instructor certificate graduates typically progress onto one of our level 3 personal training course which further develops your fitness talent and your earnings. Once qualified you can join REPs as a level 2 Fitness Instructor.
Fitness Instructor Certificate
Request your Gym Instructor course prospectus
What's special about our Fitness Instructor Certificate course?
Carefully designed to incorporate the very latest in exercise techniques our graduates gain a solid foundation in fitness from which they build a rewarding career.
Is this Course right for me?
An all-encompassing fitness instructor qualification ensuring you’re ready to secure work in a gym or leisure based role.
Comes with 20 CPD’s and you can join REPs at level 2.
If you’re looking to qualify from 6 weeks our best value fitness instructor course teaches you all the theory and practical knowledge you need to qualify and commence your exciting new career.
To find out more please contact us. One of our friendly tutors will be delighted to help you.
Fitness Instructing Modules
Anatomy and physiology for exercise
How to support clients who take part in exercise
Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
Principles of exercise, fitness and health
Planning gym-based exercise
Instructing gym-based exercise
- Why choose this course?
- If you are looking for the following then this course is what you need:-
- Employment as a Gym Instructor or Fitness Instructor
- Seeking access to REP’s
- Formal recognition of your previous experience
- To develop skills and expertise working in a gym
As you progress the course materials will help you develop your knowledge and confidence which you’ll be able to demonstrate in the portfolio assessment.
- Which qualification will I gain?
- You will gain the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF) Level 2 and will be awarded 24 credits. In addition by successfully completing this qualification you will be able to gain access to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 2.
- How is the course assessed?
- As part of your course you’ll compile your own portfolio as evidence to gaining this qualification. In addition you will attend a practical one day workshop where you will learn how to instruct gym based exercise. There are no exams and you can both study and complete your portfolio at a pace that’s right for you.
- Are any specific skills or sports abilities required?
- No previous fitness or exercise qualification is required. However a keen interest in health and fitness is important when pursuing this career. It is likely that you will have a certain level of fitness, but our courses are about training you to be an excellent instructor and at no time will your fitness level determine your progress on any course.
- Do I need any educational qualifications?
- Ideally you would of studied one of our Level 1 courses although no previous fitness or exercise qualification is required.
- How old do I need to be?
- The minimum age for this course is 16.
- How long does the course take to complete?
- Many of our students complete this course from 6 weeks, however there is no set time limit enabling you to study at your own pace.
- Is there an expiry date?
- No. You will always have this nationally recognised NCFE fitness qualification to hand.
If you are keen to work in an exciting, dynamic industry and make a difference to people’s lives then becoming a Fitness Instructor is the career for you.
The most common questions we’re asked about this fitness course are listed here. Whether or not you’re questions are covered we’d love to hear from you.