Have you ever heard the saying ‘first impressions count’?
It’s true! First impressions really do matter.
They set the pathway for the relationship you will have with your personal fitness client and what they think of you.
To make a great first impression it goes without saying it’s important to look and act the part. But how can you be sure you’re doing this every time? Take a look at our top 7 ways below to be sure your first impressions highly polished.
1. Smile, shake hands, maintain eye contact and use their name.
2. Pay attention to your professional appearance and conduct. Always look smart, maintain tidy hair, have clean clothes and behave and speak in a way that reflects your Personal Trainer and Fitness Trainer status.
3. Ask open ended questions. These typically start with how, why, what, where or tell me.
4. Stand or sit confidently and be wary of fidgeting.
5. Turn friendship on quickly by treating your clients’ how you’d like to be treated, keeping an optimistic outlook and make a connection. See this link for further information.
6. Walk the talk – be a shining role model of a healthy, fit and active person.
7. Be punctual for all your appointments and avoid interruptions.